Sunday, August 14, 2016

New Book Purchase: Ghostbusters (Novelization)

Despite how good Ghostbusters was, it sad to hear that a sequel may not be made supposedly do to low box office sales. I really wish more people had taken a chance and saw the movie. I know I will buy it when it comes out on DVD/Blu-ray but until then I at least have two novelizations to read.

The other novelization I bought, I would consider it to be for middle grade readers while this one is more for young adults and older readers. I found this yesterday when I was at the bookstore. I almost overlooked it because I was looking at the new Harry Potter display that was nearby but then I turned around and there the book sitting on a shelf.

I thought Ghostbusters was a fun movie and I hope these novelizations will be just as fun to read.


Book: Ghostbusters (Novelization) adapted by Nancy Holder

Description:

THEY AIN'T AFRAID OF NO GHOSTS....

After Dr. Erin Gilbert is disgraced at a job interview for her belief in ghosts, she is roped by her former colleague Abby Yates and Abby's new co-worker, Jillian Holtzmann, into investigating a haunting. The three scientists soon discover that some specters do far more than go bump in the night.

MTA employee Patty Tolan finds that New York City's subway tunnels are becoming a hive of ghostly apparitions. She calls on Erin, Abby, and Jillian to investigate, revealing that paranormal activity across New York City is swiftly becoming a disaster of near biblical proportions.

Together these four would-be paranormal investigators are determined to find out what's going on, save their city, and maybe make a profit while they're at it. The team must stop a mysterious evil, known as Rowan, from destroying the barrier between this life and the next and turning Manhattan into a literal hellscape.

No comments: